View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 06:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     
Default Gas-N headers

Georgie from Gas-N and his crew came Saturday morning to start the mock-up for the new headers for the race car, these headers will also fit other SPF street cars and FIA's as well, and possibly other cars using the original frame design for the 289's.

What an impressive level of skill to observe. They were quick, efficient and highly talented. They would install a flange on one side, started with the driver's side (which was the most difficult one due to the steering shaft and brake/clutch master cylinders) and started piecing together the tubes.

There was a lot of trial and error, but not too much error, in getting them to fit. They would quickly figure out the angles required, cut a section of tube to fit, test it and tack weld it in place. There was a lot of time spent disconnecting the driver's side motor mount, rolling the engine over and then moving it back, as there is no way to drop the header in from the top on that side and you cannot put it up from the bottom either.

By mid afternoon they had one side done and were moving on to the next.

They will be completing it Sunday morning and then taking the mock-ups back with them to make a new set of headers and a set of side pipes for the car. Truly great people, both personally and professionally. Of course, between having Rick Muck there, Georgie and Rick's friend Mike (who was involved with Shelby's GT350 program) the stories were endless.....Wouldn't have missed it for anything.

Also, received great news from my PT during our first session, my ROM after the rotator cuff surgery is ahead of schedule and he expects a complete recovery. So, racing should be on the schedule at some point this year.

Jim