View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 03:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4141
Not Ranked     

Hello CSXBill,

Read most of the replies to you. I've got an early 4000 series with Wilwood brakes. Do you remember how your brakes felt the last time it was running? Car's do funny things when they sit for a while! I would first jack the front end up, and see if your wheels move freely. Just want to ensure your pads aren't sticking? Should be able to freely spin both wheels. Do the same for the rear. Next check your reservoirs. The small one towards the nose should be your clutch. The one nearest your firewall should be your front brakes, and center for rears. Let me know where your fluid levels are? Don't need to bleed your clutch just yet, since we're working on your braking issue. If your levels are good, take the car around the block where you wont have to brake on a hill or such, and warm the brakes up. Could be it just sat too long. I just got my car running again after 7 years, and all is good except for a leaking front master cylinder in the foot box, but I still have brakes! Will be replacing it soon!

- Bill -