View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC, 1964 289 stroked to 331, toploader
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD427 View Post
This thread is a great read, that I enjoy coming back to from time to time. I have a question for anyone that may see this. At the end of the questions I see Peter reference and article in Kit Car magazine about a comparo/runoff between an original, a CCMCC, and maybe some other builds.

I've looked all over the net for a scan of this article, even looking of ebay and the (now mostly defunct, it seems) magazine publisher, to figure out how to locate a back issue that would have this story. Does any one have a scan, photocopy, or other record of this article?
I would love to see it if there is a way.

They did a story on a CCX 427 and an NAF 289 in one issue, I think it was in 1985, maybe 1984... can't quite remember, but it is what started the madness for me! (The Chuck Beck Porsche 550 Spyder may have been in there, as well.) Of course it was more of a compare and contrast, since it was the big and small block cars, side-by-side. I thought it was a great article, at the time... perhaps it wouldn't be the same now.

Paul

Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC
1964 289 5-bolt block
Toploader and 3.31 rear