Thread: Diff ratios
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Guys

I am constrained by what diff will fit the solid mounts on the car and more particularly by existing drive shaft / hub set up.

This was changed only a few years ago to allow me to use an outboard braking system from a later model Jag over the earlier XJ6 in-board brake set up. As well to properly fit new Vintage rims under my guards.

Perhaps should have done this then but its too late now, so am stuck using the diff housing I have.

Kyleb, I like your idea, though note replacement new crown and pinion will cost me about $1100 AUD on current exchange rates with the UK.

Still my goal is to silence the diff to best capacity and this may need to be the way.

Andy at Spitteri has asked if I can appear with the car and do a drive so he can hear my issues.

Planning that with the soft top on so he gets maximum exposure to my noise issues.

Send me a PM with your email mate so we can some further discussion off-line please.

Steve