View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 10:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone star 351w /408cu.in.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Clayton View Post
WOW!!!!!!!!! The method of drilling hole at end of crack came from aircraft repair---not race car chassis repair----and its not just for tubing repair---as I sit here with my morning coffee at 80 years old thinking about all the things I've welded over the years---the worst thing in my memory is cutting some barbeb wire off the top of a fence so I cut weld up the inside panel on a combine out in the field-------and yes-it did catch on fire but there was a creek nearby so the farmer could pour some water on my pants leg until I could get out-----
You made me chuckle thinking of all the times I set myself on fire welding. Probably my favorite was welding a truss at the top of a 18 foot ladder doing an overhead weld. Darn spark went down my neck and into the top of my pants above the family jewels. Wish there had been phone video back then, I have to think for sure it was comical. I will drill a small termination hole at ends of the crack. I don’t TIG so I’m relying on a local whiz to do the deed. Ceramic coated stainless thin wall I believe. Worth a try. My car is a driver, not a show queen. Chicks dig scars, and I like welds. Go figure.