View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce.huling View Post
You made me chuckle thinking of all the times I set myself on fire welding. Probably my favorite was welding a truss at the top of a 18 foot ladder doing an overhead weld. Darn spark went down my neck and into the top of my pants above the family jewels. Wish there had been phone video back then, I have to think for sure it was comical. I will drill a small termination hole at ends of the crack. I don’t TIG so I’m relying on a local whiz to do the deed. Ceramic coated stainless thin wall I believe. Worth a try. My car is a driver, not a show queen. Chicks dig scars, and I like welds. Go figure.
One of my high school buddies (back in the '70s) was taking a welding class and passed a lit cutting torch at least a foot above his pant leg. The problem was that he was wearing polyester pants without protection and melted them onto his thigh. Ouch.

On another note, a neighbour of mine was a welder by trade, mostly building tank trailers for highway usage. He had no love for welding overhead and said you basically had to let the spatter burn - if you tried to move it you just ended up with multiple burns.