View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 11:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm 6'4" and have an Arntz that I imported from the US many years ago. I have had the floor dropped and the steering column raised and I am very comfortable, size 14 shoes and all.

I would suggest however that you try to find a local car as the exercise of bringing a car in is quite daunting. Get along to one of the Sydney club meetings and ask to try a few cars for size. Take your shoes off and don't be put off if the cockpit seems snug, because that's the way they are! Remember that dropping the floor makes a huge difference. Try a 94" wheelbase one if you can (90" is standard).

As far as the different makes go .... the older Qld made DRBs have surprising leg room and I believe the Victorian Kenmers do as well. If you have the funds and don't mind a bit of a wait then buying new is the painfree way to go. Have a look at the ICC site. Island Custom Cars in South Australia. Wil will make a car to suit YOU. Tailor made. Don't worry about "originality". These are all hot rods so go with what makes you happy. You'll see all sorts at a club gathering. Good luck!