View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 07:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA kit on order
Not Ranked     

I'm in SE Wisconsin. I called several places and got alot of quotes for $10k-$15k without the guys even looking at the car. Eventually a guy with a body shop who previously quoted me $10,000 stopped by and looked at the car. I already did all of the rough work myself and everything was taken off of the body. He gave me a much more realistic quote of $3,500-$4,000. He seemed really disinterested in the job though. In the end I sent the car over to a friend of a friend who used to do bodywork at a dealership but is currently out iof work. They initially said about $3,000 but shortly after starting said they might have to ask for a little more, $3,500, I didn't hesitate to say okay. I know a lot of people may be hesitant to take the this route but if the quality isn't 100% I'll just get it done better next time around. I planning on driving this car hard, really beating the hell out of it, so I didn't want to spend $10,000 on paint just to mess it up at the track and stone chip the heck out of it anyway.

Last edited by Bearwolf; 06-03-2021 at 07:23 PM..