View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 03:30 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Doing your own bodywork, then burying it under primer is a body shop owners worst nightmare. Your pictures do not help, as you actually need to lay your hands on the body up close and in person to "feel" the body. I used to make people laugh when I would actually turn my head away from the car, then take a paper towel in my hands, and run my hands across their cars body, especially where they did their own work. I would then have them do the same, so they could feel what I did. In your case, if it was me, I'd not be going to the high end shops for this one. Instead find yourself a well established, local shop, that is not in the insurance network. I say this as not all shops like to work on overall paint jobs, as they make more on the spot work. Also a lot of shops will want to redo your work to make certain it was done correctly. I'd never warranty workmanship on someone elses work, I suspect nobody else will either.

Bill

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS