Old 06-10-2021, 08:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMLost View Post
Allstar Miller south of you.
Miller Motorsports
Yes, Alistair did my original install back in 2014 and he's worked on my car over the years. Unfortunately timing didn't work out this time with Alistair. Found a shop in North Hollywood and finally got the car home today after nearly 7 months. Seems to be running fine on the rebuilt engine but need to get a new battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
Artin:

Having recently installed a Smeding Cobra 427, did you have an issue that I, too, should be concerned about?

Thanks
My engine died after about 4500 miles. the cam gear that drives the distributor shattered. Smeding did the rebuild under warranty, they mentioned back in 2014 they had some similar issues on a few engines but have since remedied this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE III View Post
Looking forward to hearing more about your particular problem(s). I also have the Smeding 427W. It's now 12 years old with 22k miles and still running strong. Only problem I have had is one failed rocker.
In addition to the cam gear issue I noted above, my engine was burning a quart of oil every 200 miles so something was off with my engine out of the gate. I only have 50 miles on the rebuild but so I'll have to give it some time to see how it performs.

Last edited by aa909; 06-12-2021 at 08:01 AM..