View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 11:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: N/A
Not Ranked     
Default Dash plans

The dash panel will look more or less stock, although we're adding an oil temp gauge, a map light for the passenger, and a clock in addition to the large speedo and tach (Series 2 Jaguar E Type), turn signal LED lights, oil pressure, coolant temp, volt meter, fuel level, and a rheostat to adjust panel instrument brightness. The three gauges to the right of the binnacle will be in angle mounts (like Alfas) so they point more at the driver to eliminate parallax problems reading them. On the far left hand side, below the dash and not visible, there will be a hazard flasher and switch for it. In addition, there will be a console between the middle of the dash and the trans tunnel, and that will have all the heating and cooling controls (A/C on-off, fan speed, defrost or heat, etc plus a period-appearing radio. I have been planning to book veneer the fascia of the panel using walnut burl, but may decide to cover it all in leather to match the seats and door cards. The dash has to be “right” because it’s so visible and I’m going to be spending a lot of time looking at it!