View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 12:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgray1 View Post
I converted my suspension to all QA1 coil overs, front and rear.

See the images in the post on the CR2 forum, "Kirk...were under attack"
I've looked through your post lots and gained a lot of great info from you, RedHawk, and everyone that posted in there. At least that thread was only 5 years old, lol. Some of the ones I've been reading are over a decade.

I'm going to go with the studs Sunman showed me, but may also fab up the upper brackets with some templates MaSnaka shared with me. Gonna customize some adjustable aftermarket lower control arms that use the factory mustang swaybar and some aftermarket adjustable uppers. The rear seems pretty simple.

For rear brakes, I'm going with a junkyard swap I found that maintains the wheel spacing by using an aerostar van axle from the pass side, a ranger axle from the driver side, and the mounting brackets and disc brakes from an sn95 mustang. All going on an 8.8.

For the front...

I'm still a bit confused and have a few more questions. Unless I change my mind, in the front I'm going to go with this heidts kit:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MUSTAN...2470264?_ul=CR
and upgrade to QA1's and add the sway bar. I'm still a bit unsure of if I need to cut and lower the factory upper shock mount, or buy a longer strut. I want to make sure I'm not buying and destroying parts like I've seen in other posts, or realizing I could have built it without having to do a bunch of extra fabrication simply by ordering the right part. I also want to add the "alignment savers" that change the mounting of the uppers with the plans I found on tcrist's gallery.

I'm gaining a ton of info from the forum, so a huge thanks to the guys still active in the group. I've got lots more topics I'm going to post looking for suggestions and input on, so please, keep the comments coming.