View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 10:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

A couple of thoughts,

Torque vs Horsepower

Torque not horsepower is what breaks transmissions (and rear ends). If I have 800 hp but it comes at 10,000 rpm that only requires 420 ft/bs of torque. If I have another 800 HP engine but it comes at 3000 rpm that requires 1400 ft/lbs of torque. Guess which one is most demanding on the drive train?

Worthy of mention, but not a fix, is the fact that if you can't hook up (usually the case) it may not matter until you actually get to a better road surface and then it will — big time.

Fidelity to the Original Cobra's Appearance

The longer you own your car the more self critical you will become. Things like fit and finish that perhaps did not bother you initially become more of an issue the longer you own the car and the more often you park near high fidelity examples. This frequently accounts for the resale and repurchasing activity that some owners find themselves all too frequently engaged in.

When you look at his website the first car on the first page has a fit and finish problem with how the door and body fit together. This is uncool and the longer you own it the less cool it will become.

Some of the other pictures of his cars on his site show cars with a body that appears to 'droop' in the front and the back. Park your car near another car that does not 'droop' and you will begin your own journey down that replacement path where you sell the current Cobra and buy that 'next' Cobra.

Take your time, be critical of obvious visual departures from accepted visual and construction norms (whatever that means) and don't be shy about spending a bit more to get what you are looking for because you will spend a lot more later if you begin the sell and re-purchase syndrome.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.