View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 12:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby factory competition Mark II 289ci sgl four barrel
Not Ranked     
Default Paul Cunningham #37 Cobra

Ned,

I am well aware of the spurious claims made by those you referenced. I have extensive research and documents that disprove the fabricated story of our Cobra. The documentation you refer to can be easily 'manufactured' as all you need is some period correct invoice paper, period correct typewriter, and voila! you have what some would accept as supportive paperwork.

Our family was in possession of the Cunningham Cobra during the period of time you reference, Paul was the only driver of the Cunningham Cobra, there was never a Ann Abidin or her son at any of our events including registrations, tech inspections, pre-grid, post-grid activities, parties, dinners, etc. IMO, a pure and distinct fabrication. There was never a Muth Ford involved with our Cobra.

There well may be a story as you relate but not with the Cunningham Cobra.

Only non-family at any of the Cunningham Cobra events and activities were our General Motors Sponsor (Chieftain Pontiac, Los Angeles)and pit boss (Mickey Thompson) for our big modified entry, either the "Terrible Tempest" or the Kurtis Kraft; Powerine Oil Sponsor of the Cobra (Peter Rothchild and their PR man; mechanics and personal family friends.

In the crooked world of high value early Cobra's there never is a loss that is not exploited by the unscrupulous. My efforts are to respect my father and his history and not to squeeze profits out of a tragic track event. People that participate in this type of self-interest activity will surely burn in hell as I have prayed to happen and if it were in my power, I would cast a curse upon any project that emerges at the expense of a grieving family.