View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Mine, small block FORD
Not Ranked     

Hey everybody,

Thanks so much for all the good numbers and the work to get them for me, it means a lot to me.
I had to take a "honey do" break and build a water barrel cart for my little garden tractor. The garden is in and it does need watering and our ridiculous size rain barrel is about 120 feet from the garden. To be honest it was always on the list of uses for said tractor and I am happy with it. It was good welding practice too and all the stuff I had been saving to make it from is now used up and out of my way. win, win, win

I am currently hanging out in the basement doing some large suspension layout drawings and fiddling with the numbers.

Jim given your sizes without the lowering blocks and factoring in for the tire sizes I see the front would come in about 6 1/2" and that seems to fit right in with the rest of the info I am seeing here. A slight bit of a rake on the frame too.

I am going to run 205/70R15 all the way around and they are about 26.3 inches varying a bit for final tire pressures and tire brands. My current rear figure looks to be 7 1/8" if I want to run the lower arm parallel to the ground (mostly always a good idea) and use the stock inner mount location too. So that all looks promising but it is going to depend on where I need the static roll center to be and a couple of other points to ponder.

As for the front, my mock up had it a bit on the low side so I will move it up into the 7 inch range too as I have a bit more freedom in the mounting locations.
I think if I can shoot for 6 to 7ish inches front and back with it being acceptable to have the back slightly higher than the front, I think it will be OK.

This really is just a street car, "fast road" as the Brits say, so I need the extra ground clearance and some reasonable, stable handling characteristics.
I am sure I will spend the next few days tweaking my layout lines but I am confident it will work out in the end.

Thanks again for all the help, I will post some more pictures when I have something to show.

Cheers!

Perhaps he was always a shyster, but we just chose to over look it for awhile.

You build what you like and I will build what I like...it's all good

You know that guy,
The one in the neighborhood who likes to hang around the garage while you are working and talk about back when he had that killer 1977 Chevy Mustang