View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 09:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

I live in California and we have a lot of special situations out here including being the world's largest open air sanitarium. One of the other things we have is mountain lions.

Wise California sages (we have a lot — usually not very wise though) say if you are in the mountains and a mountain lion appears you do not have to be faster than the lion to survive, you only have to be faster than the next guy who is also trying to escape from the lion. It is noteworthy, if there is no other guy then you do need to be faster.

As strange as it may seem similar that sort of logic applies to manufacturers making tires for our cars. BTW Tony's explanation was a spot on, right out of the business books, correct explanation. The explanation that I will offer in a moment is the same thing distilled down to the basics.

Companies are in business for only one reason to make money. They use the money to grow bigger and make yet more money. You should be able to see where this goes.

For a tire company to decide to make tires for our Cobra's the only thing necessary is for the sales volume of those tires to improve upon the sales volume of the worst selling tire they currently offer. As soon as that happens they have a business reason to offer the Cobra tires instead of their worst selling tire.

The fact that so few companies actually have a tire offering should provide you with considerable insight into the market's appetite for those tires and the quality of business opportunity they represent to the potential manufacturer.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.