View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 11:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC, 1964 289 stroked to 331, toploader
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
I live in California and we have a lot of special situations out here including being the world's largest open air sanitarium.

The fact that so few companies actually have a tire offering should provide you with considerable insight into the market's appetite for those tires and the quality of business opportunity they represent to the potential manufacturer.

Ed
I agree with you Ed. Though it could be that these multinationals have a business model that only allows for extremely high volume products/runs, which boils down to management having zero interest in a smaller market. Smaller runs might still be profitable but not fit the model.

That does not necessarily hold for smaller specialty manufacturers. I think I read that Cooper was consumed by Goodyear in a merger, but they might be an option, if Coker does not want to play, since Cooper makes Avons and MTs. Perhaps they could cook a higher performance radial in a Billboard mold...

Paul

Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC
1964 289 5-bolt block
Toploader and 3.31 rear