View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 04:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ford 302
Not Ranked     

Front coilovers are easy, lower arms and QA1 Mustang II sets with choice of springs, I went with 375 rate on the front. Only mod would be either shock extensions for the top of the coilover or cut down and reweld the upper shock rod mount (mine are cut down). Also maybe use the lower arms that delete the strut rods, if my car did not have the body mounted, that would be the way i would go as welding is required. No front sway bar either ( I have the original bronco bar in my garage) the rear has several options, Sunman and I are doing similar things. I am using a UPR mount on the 8.8 axle I have and fabbing an upper mount (may use the Speedway stud mount) just be sure the rear travel and articulation does not bind or put undue strain on mounting points. This will be a winter project for me. Look at your gas cap options early, I do not have the pocket for my cap and as such it has a smaller cap that looks out of place. I do have a proper cap and I am hoping to mount it and ake it look good without the qtr pocket. Keep posting build pics, as there are very few build pics available here. Look at your pedal box carefully as well, I am going to try and use something there too, I hate the current setup but it is a ***** to work on with the body on.....