View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Texas Cobra Gathering 2022

I received the dates for the 2022 Cobra show in San Marcos, TX.

Wednesday March 30-Sunday April 3rd

I'll be leaving home on Tuesday, March 29 and taking three days to get there so I'll arrive Thursday afternoon March 31. I'll sure be taking a hard look at the weather forecast before deciding whether to go across NM or go south through TX. I enjoy cruising at 70-80 on two lane roads much more than 85-90 on the interstates. The first day of the show is basically just check in and the events get started Thursday. The majority of cars start showing up then with the biggest numbers Friday and Saturday.

I'll leave for home Sunday morning, April 3rd and depending on weather, I'll either return on my same route through Texas and New Mexico, or the southern route across I10 through El Paso and will get home Tuesday afternoon, April 5th.

I'll assume the gathering fee will be $50 again this year, but don't know for sure. The Saturday night banquet will also probably be about $50. The main speaker next year is a guy who was Shelby's official photographer back in the earliest days. I have a book he compiled and I'll bet he'll have some for sale.

I really enjoy the gathering and all the area rides available. It's a darn good time. Nice folks, nice cars, great driving!

This certainly gives plenty of time to plan...or beg permission.樂 Anybody Interested?

I corrected the dates on 07/17/21 ARGH!

Last edited by KarlzEE Bebout; 07-17-2021 at 10:42 AM..