View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 08:49 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default unbuilt Contemporary cobra

Hi All,

i am here looking for advice and support. is there any information anywhere on the few Contemporary 289 FIA cobra's as there is one here in the UK - an un-built body and chassis.

i am trying to help someone that has reached our for help in selling this kit as there dad did not start it due to his passing. it has been dried stored but i fear most parts have been lost - i am not sure what bracketry has been retained but the body, cut back doors, dimpled boot, small scoop bonnet are all there.

I know what most of the front axles and uprights are, and they have some small changes to the mounting bracketry - this i can source here in the UK.

It does have the 'Burtis Motorworks' Chassis plate which is CCX 22500 or 22506 - i am going from a picture which is not clear.

any thoughts if someone in the states is looking for one?
any thoughts of where i could get further info?
does anyone here have a 289 FIA with the range in chassis number close to this number to identify the year it was produced?

i know its a long shot but i have been lurking in and out of this site for around 10 years and the knowledge, experience and build advice for other builders has always impressed me.

thanks in advance - Lee