View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 07:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Era #634
Not Ranked     

Ok guys few more questions. I fit in the car great. A few things I noticed on this car there was some spider cracking on the trunk maybe someone sat on it? The car very easily came out of second gear, maybe the shift boot? Thoughts? Engine is Southern Automotive any good? The turkey pans corners where the cables and fuel lines went through looked like it was done with a cutoff wheel and grinder is this normal of Southern? Turn signal was very touchy the wheel had to be in just the right spot to activate them. Both valve covers leak oil no biggie. The 427 badges on the pass valve cover was worn off near the filler cap normal for 1800mi? The pedals were loose, (the part you put your foot on was floppy) is this normal? Pipes needed a repaint but I think that’s kind of common maintenance on these? The radiator tank had a small leak in the corner developing easy fix. Coolant gauge never went over 80? That was strange. The car ran good no sign of overheating or anything. When you turn the fan switch on all the gauges surge and go right back, is this normal? Also the reverse speedo had a slight needle bounce normal? Lastly it had several diff keys one for the glovebox another ignition another trunk. Normal? Thx again for your time. I know my Vipers but I’m starting over learning these Cobras.

Last edited by Lalmeida617; 07-25-2021 at 03:32 AM..