View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 10:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Fixed Hardtop Cobra (not a Daytona)

I'm not quite yet a first time owner leaning towards replacing my current short wheelbase roadster (a tuned SLK55 AMG) with a replica Cobra roadster.

While browsing, I happened across an odd repro that (other than being Chevy powered with oversize tail lights) got my curiosity up a little. Especially the seats and interior.

The body has the full on cobra roadster look. But the roof line is basically a fastback that's actually an integral part of the body. It is not a roadster with a removable top and actually looks like it has windows in the doors. It's pretty well proportioned with no trunk or opening rear window.

I'd post a linky to the video of the car, but the site moderators seem to have my posts tagged to avoid the ner-do-wells who sign up to spam still. I only recently stopped lurking and actually registered.

The car was being sold by Gateway Classic Cars down in my neighborhood (SE Fla) a few years ago. But the seller's failed to give any clue as to who the manufacturer was.

The title of the video is #508-FTL 1966 AC Cobra Replica and is easy to find with google. But if anyone recognizes who made this cobra fastback (?), I'd much appreciate the arrow pointing.