View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alloy Shelby CSX 8057/Kirkham 1010, 289 Vintage Lykins Build
Not Ranked     
Default Which Cobra Kit: Kirkham, Shelby, ERA, SPF ?

(Change in thread title)

As a new prospective cobra replica buyer I have been researching the various options out there. I am looking at 289 slabside. I basically winnowed it down to ERA (Fiberglass) and Kirkham (Aluminum), though still haven't completely ruled out others. I readily got pricing for the ERA but had some difficulty getting current Kirkham pricing.

Based upon perusing this forum I had guessed perhaps that a Kirkham roller could be $100K+ as it seemed that is what various others had experienced. However, the quote I finally received was more in the range of the Shelby aluminum version. $200K for a roller with 50% down. But without the CSX continuation VIN of the Shelby, I think. $20K discount if not assembled. No special options or finish were included. Option, $25K for polish or brushed.

Seems that Kirkham has perhaps made a major pricing change recently (unless all of my information was very stale). It also makes the used Kirkhams out there more attractive (less expensive).

Last edited by nkb; 09-01-2021 at 11:59 PM.. Reason: Confusion over thread title