View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This is the front end I'm 99% sure I'm going with.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MUSTAN...2470264?_ul=CR
Its quality Heidts stuff. A fella I know installed it in his CRII. I've attached a pic and ebay link. If you buy directly from JPL Streetrods instead of ebay, you save some money too. There's several upgrades like the QA1's, sway bar, and slotted brakes. I'm still looking into it but it sounds like there's 3 options for mounting the shocks
1) cut the shock mount down and re weld
2) install shock extenders available from speedway
3) order longer QA1's if you go that route
All the info on this subject is available in older threads, search coil over conversion.

Fellas, please interject here, but as I understand it, the CRII was based on early or OEM Mustang II suspension and it didn't tilt the upper control arm (UCA) back a few degrees to prevent anti dive, and, it uses an older method (the two slots in the top of the shock tower) to securing the UCA to the tower. All the newer aftermarket Mustang II kits have the angle built into them for anti dive. You can install this kit as is, but my plan was to incorporate the "alignment" savers that an inactive member had designed. I am chatting with a few fabricators, so when I get numbers on the cost to make multiple sets, I will start a thread to offer them to other members.

I'm going to do a similar design that was already mentioned above for my rear, sounds like a pretty easy conversion, and I'm also chatting with fabricators to make the mounts based on info and plans other members here have provided me with.
Attached Images