View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
I wonder if they take into account the amount of steering wheel dish? The Classic Cobra steering wheel is pretty flat and that may be as much an issue to them as the column design. You might want to consider a custom wheel with more dish designed into the spokes, although column in/out adjustment and the dash face doesn’t allow a lot of adjustment to get a deep dish wheel in. Hopefully they will take into account the complete shoulder harness which if adjusted properly, would keep you out of the column in a crash - but may not help a lot if a severe front end crash shoves the column rearward. I worry more about keeping my forehead and brain pan out of the windshield header and sun visor hardware than anything else - thus I always have my shoulder straps on. I did change mine out to 3” straps.
I don't think they care about the steering wheel, just that the system has some sort of collapsability (Is that a word..?) to it. I'm going to install the stuff that comes from ERA and argue my case with DMV if they react. The ERA column does collapse and DMV have not specified any standard.