View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 10:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alloy Shelby CSX 8057/Kirkham 1010, 289 Vintage Lykins Build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBSerpent View Post
Here in lies the problem - CARB HAS gotten involved by questioning how BDR and SPF builds qualify for SB100. As I said and based on information from an attorney that deals with SPCNS applications, everything is currently up in the air. Apparently, per the attorney, the arguments presented by the CARB folks don't hold water so now its just a waiting game. I will tell others what the attorney told me, a current BDR owner who is also trying to get a Cobra certified under SB100 - be patient and keep the faith. The arguments presented by the CARB officials are weak. But we shall see how this all plays out.
California dealer told me today that some 30-40 cars are being held up waiting for a resolution to this bureaucratic snafu. Doesn’t help a prospective Cobra roller buyer in California to put down a non-refundable deposit on a new order. Could get stuck with a car that you can’t register or alternatively forfeit your deposit. I guess you could try to register it elsewhere (which is also getting harder, e.g. Montana) or sell the car to someone in a more friendly state.

Too bad, a lot at stake for dealers and customers. The system was working fine until there was a recent change in personnel.