Thread: MSO Acquisition
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 02:14 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
I can see no scenario where "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission".

The message here, and in some other comments is this: Don't attempt to 'beat the system' or do any kind of 'end around' on the rules and regulations. CBSA and the Canadian Government have zero tolerance and seemingly quite willing to make an example of anyone who attempts to do anything other than 'play by the rules'.
Exactly, those who believe they can reinvent the wheel are the ones who have been the downfall of many others. What happened in California many years ago when they were revoking titles and registrations after they caught someone trying to not pay their fair share of sales taxes by using "Titles Unlimited". Then someone in Canada who attempted to bring in a finished SPO series car (crushed if I remember correctly , as an example to others) as a "vintage automobile", again, to circumnavigate around the costly taxes that would have had to be surrendered. Countless states that then followed California's lead and started looking much harder at anything that did not fit in their round holes properly. What started out as a simple titling procedure, has now, in most states, been brought to an end as loophole after loophole has been sealed shut. In closing, and as a warning to others going forward, do not think that state motor vehicle agencies do not silently troll sites just like this looking for such posts and threads just like this one. They are not as stupid or as mismanaged internally as one might think when it comes to garnering every penny of revenue they can for their state coffers.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS