View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 10:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I think I only crack the bleed 1/2 turn maybe less as there isn't much room to swing the wrench through a huge arc ... I'm careful to ensure the pedal isn't raised until I close the bleed. I generally haven't had this issue but geez I rarely bleed anything...

I stepped on the brakes last night thinking I'd find a leak somewhere. I stepped pretty darn hard, but it wasn't incredibly hard to the point I was standing on the pedal and the pressure held. I did that 3 or 4 times and the pressure held. My brake routing in the front is pretty easy to see from the engine compartment right to the calipers. Nothing, nada, zero, zilch... so no leaks as far as I could see.

Very mysterious... I'm wondering if fresh fluid and the pumping action has lubricated the rubber piston 'cups'? I'm also wondering if there's space between the passenger compartment and the firewall where if the master was leaking slightly (from the rear) it'd drip into that space???? Anyway, right now I have the brakes I remember, at least the pedal height and 'feel'. It's not brick hard immediately, but there's a bit of a take up and then the pedal firms up. It's about what I remember... So I guess I should just monitor what's going on. I'll check fluid level as it filled it to the upper fill mark. (That said, it's very hot and humid here so I'm not going to work a great deal on the car in the evening..) Thanks much to all for looking over my issue and responding. If it looks like I'm losing any fluid, I'll just replace the master... And that's not TOO bad, as it's the most easily accessed master cylinder. Thanks again!