View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 08:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycap View Post
I am going to install in an EFI system on my cobra but had a look through the instruction manual and found that my fuel tank does not have the appropriate connections for EFI.
What I was thinking of doing was to leave the original fuel tank in the cobra and set up some sort of surge or additional tank that will feed the EFI system.
The original fuel tank with be higher than the surge tank so the fuel will flow (by gravity) into the surge tank and the surge tank will have the proper setup (internal fuel pump), return line etc.
Will this type of setup work? To replace the original fuel tank I would need to remove the body so I want to avoid doing that so if anyone has any suggestions for any alternatives that would work.
I would like to use the Holley Sniper EFI Returnless Kit model: 510-550-510D
Currently I am running a Ford 460 engine with a Quickfuel SS-750 carburettor in my cobra but would like the convenience of an EFI system.
Surge tanks work, and some race cars use them. But they don't work on gravity. You need pressure and volume to fill the tank. Makes for a lot of complexity.

You will be time and money ahead with an inside the tank pump. If you have room, you should consider this: https://aeromotiveinc.com/product/un...si-6-10-depth/

If not, consider replacing the tank with something already set up for EFI.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto