View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 03:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

I purchased an SPF 289 FIA and have also helped an SPF dealer (Mark IV) unload a couple of SPF rollers from the delivery truck. For the roller I received and the ones that I helped unload, the only thing that the dealer has to install is the wheels. The rollers arrive bolted to a metal frame for transport with the wheels boxed separately.

I cannot speak to why ERA 626 had to have the dealer install anything, unless there were changes from an already delivered roller that they had in stock?

Being that mine was being made into a vintage race car, I had to disassemble the car to make into a race car. It would have been much easier if it had shown up in pieces!

I wish that you were closer, I would show you the car and answer any questions that you have. If you want to talk, send me a PM with your phone number and we can chat. Good luck in your decision making. I previously owned an ERA 427 car and concur with your pros and cons. If you were to go with the ERA route I would suggest that you pay the extra money and go with their outboard brake upgrade. Much easier to service than those inboard brakes.

Jim