View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Let me be clear, I got the car from Denbeste. Bill and Lori Denbeste are great people to deal with but Bill just sells cars that bought form other people like Hillbank and Kirkham.They do Not build the cars in house.

My car was build in late 2011 and was sitting on the "cobra wall for 9 years before I got the car. bill got the car from hillbank. all the work that was done to the car after it was shipped from South Africa was done by hillbank and or a sub contractor for hillbank, I think I know who it is but I wont say it here. PM me for details. Who ever did the final assembly was a first class idiot. I am not talking a simple mistake I am talking being incompetent, view my build thread about the fuel sender and the vent lines. The key switch was WIRED WRONG. but the car is amazing after I addressed these issues. I am sure Denbeste did not know about these issues and he would have fixed them had I took the car back to him again Bill and Lori are good people. I decided to just fix the car myself. I am a garage mechanic with over 20 years experiance with cobras and Racing. I also have a nice lift in my garage. But for the average joe who wants a roller ready to bolt in a drive train. be prepared to spend some time fixing stuff or just get a Kirkham for $100k more. I wanted a CSX car and at the end of the Day I am happy. but if money was not an issue I would get a Kirkham built CSX. The ERA car I had was great and so is ERA customer service.

Hillbank is horrible.