Old 08-25-2021, 12:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkb View Post
Thanks for the input.

Regarding the inboard brakes, according to the ERA website only the FIA has an option for the outboard brake upgrade. So, for the regular ERA slab side the only option is the inboard Jaguar setup. Also, only the inboard brake version allows for the exhaust out the back (which I want).

A careful analysis of pricing indicates that the SPF and ERA are almost the same price ("apples to apples"), depending on the final cost for painting the ERA (included on the SPF). So cost between the two is not really a differentiator.

Still weighing pros and cons. A big one appears to be the longer delivery time on the ERA. Close to a year more.
Regarding the inboard vs the outboard brakes:
If you are building a street car the inboard brakes are fine. I had ERA 626 (inboard brakes) for 17 years and put about 5000 miles on the car on the STREET and NEVER had to change the brake pads and they performed like you would expect from a street car.

If you are going to RACE the car that the outboard brakes are a better choice for sure. But keep in mind the out board brakes will change the offset of your rear wheel slightly.