View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 04:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

nkb

Welcome to Club Cobra.

I have been following this thread and you are certainly doing your homework and have a very good sense of what you are looking for in a Cobra. Lots of good advice, suggestions and options here. Kirkham, Shelby Continuation, Superformance, ERA and many other companies offer a great many choices at different price points. They all have their strengths & weaknesses and people tend to recommend what they own or have experience with. Keep in mind, that no matter the make or who builds the Cobra, these cars do require work from time to time and things will come up that need to be addressed or improved upon.

Like several folks here, I too can recommend ERA, they make an excellent Cobra and their customer service is first rate. One reason I went with ERA is their ability to make modifications (within reason) to customize the Cobra to better fit the customer’s needs. I went with the FIA body but with no hood scoop, oil cooler scoop or trunk bumps, but with a grille. The car also has a few modifications to accommodate my height and has two different roll bar configurations, details are in my build log.

ERA 2136 Build Log

Many people don’t need or want modifications like these, but for those that do, ERA is great to work with.

That said, this type of customization takes time and ERA is busy, but well worth the wait. My experience 10 plus years ago with SB-100 was fairly straightforward, but good job in seeking current information as things can change.

If you would like to look at another ERA, I am in the SF Bay Area as well and would be happy to show you my Cobra, just send me a PM.

Good luck with your project.

tkb289