View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Fordstroker 408w custom solid roller-Craft ported Brodix 17*heads-CFM ported Vic Jr. intake-1 3/4 primaries- 575hp-TKO-600RR Liberty upgrade- -Moser 8.8 trutrac-McLeod Street Extreme--QA-1-Wilwood brakes, Classic Chambered 3" Cobrapacks, Avon's
Not Ranked     

After a cruise and some evaluation here's all I can say, I should have done a proper evaluation with the decibel app before I cut the old exhaust apart, so I failed there. I can only give you what it sounded to my ear and what the app said with this combination, and who knows how accurate the app is.

I will say that at close to 600HP and the custom Solid Roller cam I had ground for the combination it's going to be loud with a free flowing exhaust made for Horsepower, there is no way around it.

I feel it's maybe slightly deeper and without the high tones and not a big change. I really like the sound and I would probably never be able to meet the maximum sound requirements at the autocross I use to be a member at without really cutting into the horsepower. I was told by many competitors I was the best sounding car at the events, alas, it came with a price.

at idle 104dB @ 20" , 97dB @ 10ft. from exhaust tip and 105dB in the cockpit at 2500 RPMs cruising

Lou