View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 07:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Yup, I'd go ERA all day every day too, but then again I am a little biased having owned my ERA 427 since 2003. My ERA has been flawless since day one.

ERA has a well-earned reputation in the market for a reason. They make a fantastic product and their customer service is second to none.

I haven't seen the SPF sladside in person, but I am sure it is nice. But I guess my question is this:

Since it is a replica, is the original buggy style suspension of the SPF really a selling point?

IMO, I'd rather have a well built, well engineered car that visually looks like the real thing but with the best possible suspension under it The ERA will be a better driving and handling car because it doesn't have a buggy style suspension.

At the end of the day, no one is going to look at your replica slabside and say "Gee, that's a beautiful, well built car that handles and drives great, but too bad it doesn't have the buggy suspension on it."

But some people are OCD when it comes to originality of their replicas (and we shall not mention their names here). I guess the question for the OP is this: Is having a car with an original style suspension more important than having a car with better suspension and handling? If the answer is yes, then the ERA is not the car for you.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."