View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Hard to say. My ERA was a 427 street car with a 428 CJ and the coil overs. It rode nicely, you had to be careful about the throttle, especially if you were turning and had to give it a little more throttle due to someone coming around a blind curve. You do not need a lot of horsepower in these cars, torque comes into play much more than HP. It's pretty hard to get the revs up high unless you have a very low geared rear end or leave it in a lower gear in most driving. On the highway with a more lenient speed limit you might start approaching the maximum HP on a car.

My SPF 289 FIA has the transverse leaf springs and they are very stiff. I cannot really compare the two as the FIA is a dedicated race car, so it is never on the street and all of it's driving is at high speeds or going hard into corners. It does handle well on the track. It is quite common in hard corners with sufficient speed to lift one of the front tires off the track. I am not sure if the coil over cars are as susceptible as the leaf spring cars are to that.

Jim