View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastd View Post
I'm curious to know about the driving experience of Cobras across different manufacturers.

I'll admit something that many of you won't agree with: I had my engine rebuilt and increased HP from roughly 420 to 490; while I noticed the increase in power, if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't care if it stayed in the low 400s.
fastd, do elaborate. Why would you yourself personally be content with 20% less thin petal (asking genuinely, not poking fun).

I have to say that as one who's pondering their first build, I've been thinking about this as well. Bragging rights (of big HP and TQ number) and an engine bay that has a motor spilling out aside, I do enjoy a drive that requires respect. But at some point, there has to be a point where the extra HP per dollar in a 1 ton roadster just offers diminishing returns. Sure, that point is subjective but butt dyno experience means a lot.

Watching this thread because I see there's a fair amount of respectable folks here on their second, third, and even fourth Cobra. And of course, there are also those who've also driven different manufacturers and power variations. Whichever camp your in, please jump in to help shed some light on the subject of "how much is enough."