View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 12:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

IMHO, all replicas are replicas. There is a pecking order among them that is reflected in selling price. But ultimately, when someone walks up to you at a cruise night, they'll likely ask either, "Is it a Factory Five?" or "Is it real?" Unless it was built in the mid 1960s, the answer will be whatever you are comfortable saying. Some folks think a replica with a 427 style body but with a small block Ford or any Chevy engine is just wrong. I don't. If you are happy with a rough approximation with a Chevy engine that sounds cool and runs well, that's good enough for me. If someone else has a replica with every detail done to look like a true original, that's ok too. ... For a non-mainstream replica like this one I would expect the price to be in the $25k-$35K range depending on the quality of the build and the current condition of the car. Based on the photos I'd expect it to be on the lower end of this range. ... All this is only one person's opinion.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Last edited by Tommy; 09-09-2021 at 12:50 PM..