Old 09-10-2021, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Originally posted in your other thread about the Elegant Motors Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argenis83 View Post
To be honest Im really new on this topic about shelby cobras, I own a 1969 bronco, a desert prerunner truck (offroad lover). Everytime I go to big car shows I see the shelby cobras and man I love them. I have been doing my homework, I really like Factory five replicas ( something I may afford) Im in the budget of $30k-38k maybe 40k, dont have to be a showroom car i can be fixing it while i have it.
If you're patient, in your price range (and particularly if you go up a couple of grand to $40K +), you will eventually be able to find a deal you can live with in a more mainstream brand like an FFR MK IV or an older Unique Motorcars or Hurricane, etc.
As a basic guide, the conventionally desirable features in Cobra replicas that tend to impact desirability and value are:

*Accurate body shape with 90" wheelbase.
*Basically accurate interior layout and gauges
*Ford drivetrain
*Manual transmission

Some other features that are typical on higher value brands;

*Independent rear suspension
*True knock-off wheels

And at the top of the pecking order:

*Big Block FE (427/428) Ford engine (in 427 replicas)
* Correct round tube chassis
* Aluminum body

Other members may add or subtract but its a very simple basic guide.

One can go crazy chasing the "holy grail" of authenticity if that's your thing, but many, many others are very happy with a close enough interpretation powered by your choice of engine and transmission and even longer wheelbases for the taller drivers.
As said above, learn as much as you can, decide what matters to you and make an informed choice when you pull the trigger.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...