View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 04:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

C.R.,

I'm partial to Superformance. The only comment I have one I got from a Kirkham owner, that being he wished he had got it painted rather than the polished aluminum look, because it was difficult to take care of, he thought paint would be easier. The other comment I got 2nd hand was that the the aluminum bodies can dent easily, and fiberglass is more forgiving. Just do you research and find what you are comfortable. There will always be some busy body prepared to tell you "you should have done this". Its your money. I will tell you factory built cars are going to be consistent from a quality standpoint, and kit cars built by who knows will require more careful scrutiny, maybe even the assistance of a professional to help evaluate the product. The later year Factory 5's I personally don't care for, but that is mainly has to do with the height of the roll bar. If you look at pictures of a Superformance Mark III and an F5 you will see what I am taking about. Mind you I have seen some early F5's that were really well prepared.

Regards,
Dale McBain
SPF469
Lake Havasu City

PS- I'm a refuge from the Chain Lake Area.