View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     
Default 2021 US Vintage Grand Prix

It was nice to get out and race again! I am a little rusty due to lack of seat time, physical conditioning and still have not regained complete strength in my shoulder. All in all, it still was a good weekend. While I was not racing as fast as normal, I still managed to finish 2nd in B Production during the 1 hour Enduro. The weather was touchy at times with some rain that cancelled sessions or at least minimally limited who went out. During our first qualifying race I was one of four cars that went out as it had rained hard 1/2 hour prior to the race and I only stayed out for about 4 laps, spending most of the time in 2nd gear going easy. Wet tracks and cobras are not a great mix.

There was quite a bit of carnage this weekend. A nice Autokraft Mark IV met a Corvette in the toe of the boot and both sustained heavy damage. The Corvette was able to get enough repaired to be able to race the next day, but the AutoKraft was done for the weekend. I met the driver of the Autokraft the day prior and he was a real nice guy.

Attached are two links to videos from the enduro. The first one is from the start and the second one takes over where the first ended. I cropped the videos to erase times where there was a few minutes of me just driving on the track. It is useful to me to watch to learn where to improve my racing skill, but pretty boring for you to watch.

The first video: https://youtu.be/N_pPmjyCE-U

The second video: https://youtu.be/XYR_1mrJN_k

Feel free to critique my driving. I spent a good deal of time working on adjusting tire pressures and suspension changes as the weekend progressed trying to find the optimum balance. You may need to turn the volume down a little, as I moved the camera higher up on the roll bar so that the rear view mirror was not blocking the view of the cars in front of me, but doing so ended up with more wind noise.

Jim

Last edited by 1795; 09-13-2021 at 03:40 PM..