Thread: Fuel Filler Cap
View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2021, 01:08 PM
Austin_Snake's Avatar
Austin_Snake Austin_Snake is offline
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin TX, tx
Cobra Make, Engine: Exact 427 Carbon Car
Posts: 162
Not Ranked     

That is a stock gas cap for a 1971-on Triumph Spitfire, GT6, and I believe the Stag and 2000. So it is actually curved to match the rear quarter of those 4 Models.

The Triumph Part No. is 718750. The problem will be it hasn't been manufactured in a long time. shows the part but looks like not in stock.

Your bests bet for a new one will be in the UK. I hear they are remanufacturing them.

You should be able to get the gasket a lot easier.

I need to get back to work but if you search for Triumph part number 718750 you will find other sources for used ones and possible NOS.
Good Luck,

Last edited by Austin_Snake; 09-14-2021 at 01:13 PM..
Reply With Quote