View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Mine, small block FORD
Not Ranked     

Hey all,
Just a quick update so you don’t start thinking I am dead or something.
I have had a bit of a set back or just too many other things happening in my life to get anything done on the chassis for a few weeks but hopefully that will change soon. It is amazing to me how other people’s decisions and issues can just derail anything you were planning on doing.

The last time I actually got to work on the chassis was the middle or so of August, right before my in-laws came for a visit, right as my sister and her husband decided they needed to sell their house quickly, I finally got the trim to finish the front of the house (covid delays) and then my beautiful bride wanted to finish building the new chicken coop.
This one is much more elaborate (read heavy) than the last one and, oh ya, could it also be mobile…..mmmmmm, sure, I guess. It is amazing how all your time disappears….. Such is life….

As for the chassis, I did get all the rear arms tacked up for a trail fit, and I got the bracket pieces cut for the frame rails. It is very nice to see them in place and next step will be to attach the frame mounts and the lower arms, then mock up the upper arm mount enough to move the suspension through its travel range and “real world” check the camber change.
It’s been a long time since I fabbed something like this so part of my brain still doesn’t completely trust what my calculations and scale layout tells me.

So hopefully I can be back to chassis work in the next week, I would really like to see this frame sitting on the floor, on its wheels, at some point soon, if for no other reason than some inspiration to keep me focused.

So till then here are a couple of pictures of the rear arms

And the traveling gear for a chicken coop, I really do like to over complicate things, don't I........

Perhaps he was always a shyster, but we just chose to over look it for awhile.

You build what you like and I will build what I like...it's all good

You know that guy,
The one in the neighborhood who likes to hang around the garage while you are working and talk about back when he had that killer 1977 Chevy Mustang