View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 08:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 351W
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptybox View Post
I registered the cobra today. Frisco tax office. Followed all of the above and asked to be registered as a custom vehicle with all my paperwork including the completed VTR-852 form with the ASE’s certs. Interestingly the clerk indicated since already titled as a ASVE I didn’t actually need the VTR-852 with the certs. I asked about the manual indicating that I did and he indicated there are parts of the manual which are wrong or contradicts itself. The clerk indicated he does about 2 or 3 cobra replica registrations a year ( some like mine (used cobras), others new builds or out of state).
The clerk said the process used to be absolutely terrible with some folks being to get registered and other not. Walked out with new plates and a registration sticker. Of course all that paperwork has to get processed. I will probably be back barking in a month how this has gone terribly wrong . Just wanted to provide my experience as it may help someone else
Just to be clear for the next person that needs to go through this in Texas, if you would have gotten a regular inspection at any certified inspection station, you wouldn't have needed to have any other type of inspection when you submitted your paperwork? And the regular inspection for these type of cars does not require an emissions test?