View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 11:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

No to the donor for suspension parts. This is Mustang II front, Fox body rear.
I’m sending photos and dimensions to Mike Allen at Heidts and he is going to get us info on the front Mustang II “coil over upgrade” we need. Heidts is the way to go, with Willwood brakes

Check out ALIGNMENT SAVERS 03-09-2009. Terry made the plans and had RCC suspension like mine. You probably don’t need antidive all though the savers make alignment easy. The rounded ears are not needed
I’ve made Tom Beroth approved savers for the RCC type arm bars out of 7 1/4” long 2”x2”x3/8” angle. The Heidts mount holes would be higher due to thicker arms, you can make these yourself. Bolts are 5” centers easy to make.

I’ve got upgraded Classic Roadsters style, cantilever bolt, coil over mounts for the rear made from Speedway mounts. You don’t need brackets they bolt to stock shock mount holes drilled out to 5/8” and reinforced with extra steel.
Others are worried about shearing the bolt but you couldn’t sheer a 5/8” grade 8 bolt if you ran over it with a train. The Heidts Super Ride IRS has cantilever mounts too, check my gallery.
It’s for ProShock coil overs “ABS/SR5 A B58 P”. They have 13 1/2” ride dimension, soft, mediuim, firm ride adjustable with 10” springs. Using 200 lb springs but if to firm can drop to 170 lb. On this I’m not sure until car is on road

I’ll post and email photos of the rear mounts soon, if you like them I can send you some they only cost $60 to make. Ive got 2 sets made

5 bolt 8.8 axels new from Strange Engineering. If you already have 5 bolt axels they should work

Willwood brakes and 8.8 rear end brackets from North Race Cars check their website. Their bracket is one piece, patented, the best.
I will call Richard at North about master cylinder and update. New parts complete with park brake cables and brake lines too.

For a softer ride I’m using the stock rubber bushing rear upper Fox body arms and boxed Classic Roadsters lower arms with stock rubber bushings.“NAPA SB340”.
I’ve added the Mustang GT Quad Shocks for wheel hop control, the brackets were on my GT rear end already. Made brackets for the chassis. No sway bars

Party On

Last edited by sunman; 09-30-2021 at 11:08 PM..