View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Buying the Mustang would be a waste. It doesn't sound like your mechanic would be up to the task to use most of the parts. Other than you have plenty of cars left over there and wrecked. There are bracket kits that use can use to convert the spindles you have for bigger /better brakes. After skimming the post, you have a slightly bigger job than you think. There is always plenty of help here, and many good guys to give you help. Something else to think about is heat. I mean this in a big way. Right now you do not know what motor you are going with. The more hopped up you make it the more intrinsic heat you will have. Old motors ran cooler with nice hot spark to create power. Keeping them cool was normally just a better fan on a stock or three core radiator and say a nice 160 degree thermostat. Newer EFI cars run at 182 to 190 degree thermostats. Now adding A/C that adds a lot of load let alone hardware. Basically more heat, in a small engine compartment. a recipe for disaster in your heat, hot enough to fry electrical components like your voltage regulator. I road rescued a professional built major brand Cobra from just such an event. Outside temps were close to 100 degrees, big motor, no A/C driving in traffic and you could fry an egg on the voltage regulator even with the headers wrapped .Get your game plan straight first.