View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 02:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Copies yes, originals only by accident

In answer to your question, sometimes the copy on paper prints is so good that i accidentally have sold the original.
The oil paintings, of which i'm bringing only one Shelby related one, is a portrait, is oil on top of a giclee canvas print of a smaller original . The original was probably sold in 2009 when I made my first painting.If you go to an art show like AFAS you'll note there's a vast difference in price between and original and a giclee (pronounced GHEE CLAY) even though they might look the same.

On a related subject,
I just watched the movie documentary on Netflix by Adam Carolla the second time and it really has a lot of great shots of Shelby & crew in Europe--I think if enough fans see this doc my theory is more collectors will be more interested in racing art of this period --'57-'69-- except alas doesn't seem to have a
single shot of a big block Cobras racing in Europe which I know they did (though w/o Shelby sponsorship)

It is not the
24 Hour War
, I think that's another one. This is called Shelby American Carroll Shelby Story Here's some of the folks who appear on camera

Charlie Agapiou
Chris Amon
Mario Andretti
Richard Attwood
A.J. Baime (Author: Go Like Hell)
Bob Bondurant
Peter Brock
Gordon Chance
John Clinard
Enzo Ferrari
Piero Ferrari
Edsel B. Ford II