View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 07:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

[quote=1ntCobra;1498073]Ned,

I see the wrecked car and I see a registration for CSX2049. How do you know that registration for CSX2049 belongs to the wrecked car? Is there any photographic evidence of the wrecked car showing a vin stamping? Isn't it possible someone tried to put together the wrong registration and the wrecked car in order to get a title if they did not have the paper work for the wrecked car?

We know that the wrecked car is CSX 2049 because we have tracked the car from its selling dealership to its first owner, who was Ann Abiden, and we examined the wrecked front end of the car after it had been purloined from the storage facility where its current owner had been keeping it. It showed a VIN of CSX 2049. The current owner is the same one who bought the car as a wreck from Abiden in 1967 (hence the date on the photos above), we have copies of the CA registration(s) showing both his name as well as Abiden's during the time he was paying off the loan, and he actually appears in photo #4 above. There is no question that the car Cunningham was killed in is 2049.

Last edited by Nedsel; 10-14-2021 at 07:50 AM..