View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby factory competition Mark II 289ci sgl four barrel
Not Ranked     
Default Cunningham

Ned, I am so discouraged by this whole situation. Everyone is pointing fingers of blame on everyone else, I think now people involved in this mess are protecting their own turf.

I was directly involved in Paul's racing, every car from the AH Sprite in which his racing career started up to his death in the Cobra.

I can only present my memories and experiences.

I am going on 75 years of age and have survived death twice, once due to total blockage of my lungs due to DVTs and PEs, and Stage 4 stomach and liver cancer, which is in total remission.

I have no axe to grind, all I am attempting to do is clear the air about Paul and his ownership of the Cobra.

In the entire time we had the Cobra, there was never a person known as Ann Abidin or her son involved with our family, never at a tech inspection, never at a race or event. A person who buys a state of the art race car and hires a driver goes to the events. Paul never was paid a cent by her or her son.

The entry application for the various races we were in involved a registration where the owner, driver are specifically identified; the race programs always showed that information, and if you look at them you will see that she or her son were never shown as owners, they show Paul Cunningham as owner and driver.

Wesselink may well have a piece or pieces of the wreck so that he can incorporate it into the newly built chassis, as the car was cannibalized for identifying features, the wrecked car went to Shelby for post wreck examination, and our family never was contacted or any effort to return the car to us. That action did not sever the ownership from our family.

People simply took parts and claimed ownership for their personal projects, as evidenced by the air-car in the Netherlands (they contacted me to try to extract information to add to their supposed history, again to increase the worth of their air-car) as they laid claim to CSX2049); also, the car being reconstructed from parts in Encinitas by Wesselink.

Those involved in nefarious activities will eventually meet their demise and will pay the dearest price for the harm they did to the victims.

I will continue my search for truth until my dying day, that is the least I can do to in an effort to correct the ownership and history of Paul Cunningham, Privateer Cobra pilot.