View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 02:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default what changes to a 5.0L needed?

Building a never assembled CRII

I'm installing a 5.0L, T5, 8.8 rear out of a 91 fox body Mustang. I want to tear off the factory injection, electronics, intake, etc, and put a new intake and holly sniper system and dress the engine with finned cobra valve covers and oval cobra air cleaner to make it look a bit more period correct, and have a more tuneable system. At this point, I don't have the budget or real need to go crazy with a stroker kit, crazy cam, heads, etc. Going with a manual rack & pinion, so I'll obviously loose the power steering pump.

I have a rad that came with all my parts presumably from CRII.

My question is, what other parts and accessories and modification will I need or be thinking about when I put the motor together? I'm reading a bit about motor mounts possibly being an issue due to availability, and, clearance. Speaking about clearance, do I need to get a low rise intake? What kind of pully's, water pump, alternator, brackets, fan, oil pan (road race for clearance?) etc should I be considering.

Excited the border is finally opening. Joe really messed up my plans to have my parts all here to start my build in October.